Join or Renew Your Membership
Although membership sign-ups are available 24/7
All applications must pre-register by no later than four days (Wednesday) before the start of the next new member training session (Sunday)
(Please refer Event Calendar for further details).
This means, if you register after midnight on the Wednesday prior to the next new member training session,
You will need to wait until the following month to join the next available new member training session.
All fees paid are non-refundable, as it includes an insurance levy, so please consider your training position carefully before joining.
If you're currently on the lookout for a dog trainer or dog club, consider Knox Obedience Dog Club. All of our trainers are fully qualified volunteers who have trained their own dogs at KODC, and we have a proud history of producing Trialled and Champion dogs.
Because Knox Obedience Dog Club is a not for profit, volunteer organisation, we are able to keep the prices to a minimum.
New Puppy and Beginners classes begin each month (Refer Events Calendar for full details)
The club membership office is open from 8:30am to 11:00am each Sunday (Except for published non-training days, Refer Events Calendar) for the collection of membership cards and to assist with any sign-up issues. Please refer to the training page for clarification on class levels and times.
To become a member of KODC your dog must be at least 16 weeks old, you will need to complete the online membership form, which includes uploading current dog/s C4, C5 or C6 vaccination certificate/s or Titre testing. These include the dog flu vaccination (aka parainfluenza, Pi, canine cough, kennel cough) which is an annual vaccine against the canine flu.
While new members are welcome to join the club any Sunday, it is important to remember that due to the class cycles, members need to wait until the next published "New Member Start date", before actually joining training. Of course, we welcome observers at any time. Exceptions may be made for members transferring to Knox from another Club.
Club volunteers can be identified by Blue Instructor tops and club committee members will have committee printed on their name badges.
Prospective members are encouraged to visit the club any Sunday morning (Except for published non-training days, Refer Events Calendar) to view our facilities and to obtain advice on training equipment and/or on purchasing a puppy to suit your lifestyle.
All club joining and renewal fee information can be found in the Annual Joining & Subscription Fees Policy
Fees are nonrefundable, so please make your membership selection carefully before joining or renewing.
- Child handlers must be 10 years of age and have a dog of suitable size and temperament to attend classes.
- We train in all weather conditions so appropriate clothing/footwear is essential. i.e. Runners, hats and sun block in summer, gumboots and waterproof coats and hats and a towel to dry your dog off in winter.
- There are NO weekly fees in addition to the above membership fees.
- IMPORTANT: Club instructors are there to train handlers, not dogs, that is the handlers' responsibility.
- Both handler and dog are considered a team, and when testing is performed the team is tested not just the handler or dog. This means that if a family membership consisting of two handlers and one dog, two teams will need to be tested separately. This could result in only one team passing, meaning that each handler would be in different classes but the dog being in both.
- It is a requirement that all new handlers and/or dogs complete the "New Member Starter" course, irrespective if the handler has already trained another dog to a higher level. This ensures all handlers and dogs gain the maximum benefit of the course without missing any important information.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO ALSO ADD ANY SECONDARY MEMBERS TO FAMILY OR DUAL SENIOR/PENSIONER MEMBERSHIPS AFTER PAYMENT
Once you have joined and received your welcoming email with login details, please follow the instructions below to add your secondary members.
Login to your profile
(Click on Login button in top right corner of the main KODC page)
Enter your Username & Password
(If you can't remember, click on the relevant "Forgot" links below or contact us)
Select "My Membership"
Click on "+ Add Secondary Member"
Complete required details & Save